nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Spec file for devel nano

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Spec file for devel nano
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 12:51:52 -0500

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 12:33:59PM +1100, Brett wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Because I wanted to run the devel series of nano on my work network, I
> updated the spec file, and incorporated it into the distribution.  Well,
> to be honest, I rewrote the spec file from scratch.  It was showing its
> age :)  This new one is designed to be _very_ low maintenance.  You
> shouldn't really ever have to edit it.  The version/source location is
> updated at build, and after make dist, the rpms can be built by just `rpm
> -ta nano-1.1.7.tar.gz` on the tarball.  Very convenient.  It doesn't need
> to be edited when new translations are added.
>
> Anyway, please consider adding this, and even backporting to replace the
> spec file in the 1.0 series.

Hi Brett,

        Well, after much consideration, I decided to include and credit
your mods in the 1.1 tree.  Your argument about maintenence was just too
compelling for me to resist :) 1.1.8 (which was just released) includes
your spec.in file.  Very nice too, thank you for the contribution!

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001