nano-devel

[Nano-devel] -K/-m

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: [Nano-devel] -K/-m
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 01:30:07 -0400

Hi folks,

        Well I just got a first hand experience with FreeBSD & 1.1.8. I
seem to recall a bug report about delete & backspace.  Well now I get
it.  With FreeBSD, keypad() (which we now use by default) makes the
backspace key send KEY_DC, which calls do_delete().  Fine, we remap it
to do_backspace() right?  No, because in Linux the delete key send
KEY_DC (which I think it how it should work).  Options:

- FreeBSD users can use -K.  Pain to remember.
- Get rid of -K and go back to not using keypad() by default.  A step
backwards?
- Make a configure option to decide how to handle keypad()

Thoughts?

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001