nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Nano segfault when trying to write to non-existant file

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Nano segfault when trying to write to non-existant file
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 15:03:25 +0200

Hi Daniel,

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 02:07:32PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> If nano is opened with a file in a nonexistant directory, eg:
> nano arbitraryRandomNonExistant/blah.txt
>
> and some text is entered, then if the file is attempted to be written
> using ^X y <enter>, an appropriate error message is given. However
> subsequently if the action is repeated, irrespective of whether the
> directory now exists, nano segfaults. This happens on a console or in an
> xterm.
>
> I am using nano 0.9.23 on Debian Potato on a 486DX2-66.

I have tried this with more recent versions of nano: 1.0.6, 1.0.8 and
1.1.8 and in all three it's not segfaulting.

It will be fixed when you upgrade your system to woody then.
If you can't wait, I can cook up some potato .deb of the latest version
for you.

Jordi
--
Jordi Mallach PĂ©rez || address@hidden || Rediscovering Freedom,
   aka Oskuro in    || address@hidden      || Using Debian GNU/Linux

http://sindominio.net  GnuPG public information:      pub  1024D/917A225E
telnet pusa.uv.es 23   73ED 4244 FD43 5886 20AC  2644 2584 94BA 917A 225E