nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] RFE and volunteering for help.

From: Dan Naumov
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] RFE and volunteering for help.
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 17:07:24 +0300

> Great! The Finnish translation of nano is always lagging behind and
> doesn't have a real maintainer. Pauli Virtanen was the last > translator, but
> he told me he's not able to keep up, so for a start, > you could bring fi.po
> up to date.
>
> 65547:address@hidden:~/cvs/nano/HEAD/po$ msgfmt --statistics fi
> 226 translated messages, 39 fuzzy translations, 39 untranslated
> messages.
>
> If you are interested, I'll tell you what you need to do.

Great! But if possible, please be very specific with your instructions as I am
no "linux guru" by any means. Just tell me whether I have to get Nano from CVS,
what I should translate and what I am supposed to use for that. How can I make
Nano use the current finnish translation ? For now, all applications (console
and X) I use, appear in English (I prefer them that way. Is there a way to make
Nano use the current finnish translation without affecting other applications ?
I would like to check it out.

> It's always on my todo to write nanorc.5, a manpage for the nanorc > file. If
> you want, you can tackle that too. We should also include > info about that
> in nano.info.

I would like to look into that later, I think I should do 1 thing at a time and
my preference would be to do the translations first.

> Jordi (or Oskuro on OPN ;)

I'll get in touch at some point.

Sincerely,
Dan Naumov aka Jago