nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Tweaking thanks_for_all_the_fish().

From: David Benbennick
Subject: [Nano-devel] Tweaking thanks_for_all_the_fish().
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 16:00:59 -0400

Since thanks_for_all_the_fish() is called only immediately before exit(),
the only purpose is to cause nano to seg fault if some data structure got
messed up elsewhere.  The fact that memory also gets freed is unimportant
since the system would deal with it immediately anyway.

So the attached patch makes thanks_for_all_the_fish() be defined only if
DEBUG is.  That saves about 300 bytes in the executable, and also makes
closing a huge file faster.

Also, between global.c version 1.75 and 1.76, thanks_for_all_the_fish()
got changed so that in ENABLE_MULTIBUFFER mode it goes out of its way to
not free the current file (fileage), but only if that is not the last (or
only) open file!  I think this behavior is weird, so I changed it back.

David