nano-devel

[Nano-devel] another patch update; positioning problem fixed?

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: [Nano-devel] another patch update; positioning problem fixed?
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 11:20:46 -0700 (PDT)

Changes:

* put the sanity checks back in do_up() and do_down(); the lack of these was
causing the segfault I encountered; I stupidly forgot that if the sanity check
is only in actual_x_from_start(), then it will never be called when placewewant
== 0

* after much hacking, I believe I have finally fixed the character positioning
problem; when moving up or down, pico appears to retain the original column
whenever possible, and if not, it goes to the closest possible column to the
original column; I did the following in actual_x_from_start() to duplicate this:

- make sure i is in range (i. e. <= strlen(fileptr->data))
- if xpt(fileptr, i) is less than xplus, loop until it isn't or until i goes
out of range
- otherwise, if xpt(fileptr, i) is greater than xplus, loop until it isn't or
until i goes out of range
- make sure i is in range again

it appears to work so far in my preliminary tests; I'll keep testing it

Promote your group and strengthen ties to your members with address@hidden by
Everyone.net  http://www.everyone.net/?btn=tag