nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Quoted justify

From: David Benbennick
Subject: [Nano-devel] Quoted justify
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 22:05:02 -0400

I've rewritten do_justify().

1) It uses a regexp to detect the email-quotation, so you can do silly
things like the example at
        http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/readme/fillpara.html
Matej Cepl requested that feature on April 22.  For the example, I ran
        nano -Q "^([ \t]*[|>:}#\)])+"

2) It fixes the problem Derek McKay reported on May 6, "Segfault on
justify+cut+cut".

3) It sets the MODIFIED flag only if changes are made.  Un-justifying puts
the flag back.  In general, UnJustify puts everything back, including the
screen, cursor, and mark positions.

4) It allows justification of indented paragraphs.

5) Soon, this patch will even keep the mark in the right place during
justification.  I haven't implemented this feature yet.

There are two down sides.  First, the "indented paragraphs" cannot be
turned off, so nano always thinks that two adjacent lines starting with a
tab are in the same paragraph.  I should make that feature depend on the
M-I toggle.

Second, the binary is 2K bigger.