nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Re: yet another patch update

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Re: yet another patch update
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 14:49:43 -0700 (PDT)

Right now, my priority is to make absolutely sure that the
last bits of the patch work.  However, this is a small
enough change, it shows the differences between the
characters, and it does work (I had to change the sprintf()
format string to use %o instead of %hho, since -pedantic
said that %hh wasn't supported by ANSI C; it appears to work
the same way with that change), so it's in, along with the
fix in quote22.diff and a fix for an old bug on my part
blocking the use of the insert key if --enable-multibuffer
isn't used.

I've discovered one minor bug with justification, though; if
you justify all the contents of the attached file (after
bunzip2ing it, of course), then the justified sentences
originally beginning on lines 3 and 23 will have extra
newlines added after them.  Deleting the spaces at the ends
of the lines (and/or altering the spacing elsewhere in the
lines in a pattern I haven't figured out yet) seems to fix
it, but other sentences mostly have the same kind of spacing
and don't have the problem.  Pico doesn't have the problem
either.

Promote your group and strengthen ties to your members with address@hidden by
Everyone.net  http://www.everyone.net/?btn=tag

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Re: yet another patch update Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 22:17:41 -0400 User-agent: Mutt/1.2.5i
--- David Lawrence Ramsey <address@hidden> wrote:
> Check that; after more thought, I've changed it so it now
> displays .'s for ASCII 0x80-0x9f.

How about displaying those characters in octal, the way Emacs does?  The
attached patch does that.  The patch is to be applied atop the current
version of
        http://pooka_regent.tripod.com/patches/nano/nanodbbehemoth-patch.txt

--- End Message ---