nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] committed (not me, the code)

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] committed (not me, the code)
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 19:57:11 -0700

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 11:41:09PM -0400, David Benbennick wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 06:22:48PM -0700, Chris Allegretta wrote:
> >     The commit is done.  I ran into some issues with some of DB's
> > fixes and I could not easily see a solution so I had to drop some of the
> > color rewrite (multi-line syntaxes seemed broken) and some inline/static
> > stuff (I basically couldn't stand looking at the prototypes in
> > the .c files).
>
> I predict that in your .nanorc you have something like
>       color brightblue start="/\*.*" end="\*/"
> I changed the way multi-line syntax coloring works.  The line above will
> now only match comments that start and end on different lines.  Instead,
> it should be
>       color brightblue start="/\*" end="\*/"

I don't understand why you would prefer this; is this because of the
overhead of matching patterns on multiple lines?

> > 1.0 is dead, so 1.1 needs to stabilize soon.
> How about bug fixes?  For example, I can make nano go into an infinite
> loop.  I was planning to submit a fix shortly after current patches get
> applied.

You mean for 1.0.x?  Oh that's fine, I just meant it was dead in the
sense that I havent touched it in a long time.  really though, people
honestly havent been sending a whole lot of reports and requests.  Which
I guess in and of itself is a bit odd, since nano is now the default
editor on both debian and gentoo...  We could theoretically have a
1.0.10 release but it doesn't seem likely right now.

> > ... do not even submit it :)
> Is it okay if I just submit my patch when I was planning to, and then you
> ignore it as long as you want?  You don't have any obligation to deal
> with outstanding patches before declaring 1.1 to be stable.

If there's no expectation of the patch being applied then go ahead :>

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001