nano-devel

[Nano-devel] another minor patch, etc.

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: [Nano-devel] another minor patch, etc.
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 14:06:47 -0700 (PDT)

Changes in it:

* the manual and info pages have been updated to fix an
inaccuracy in the -Q/--quotestr description (if regex
support is available, quotestr is not "> " by default, but
"^([ \\t]*[|>:}#])+")

* all regcomp() calls (and hence all regex searches),
instead of just the quoted-justify handling routine, now use
extended regexps; it's worked properly so far in my
preliminary testing

* Jordi's string change in files.c ("%s is a directory"
instead of "File %s is a directory") has been added

* #ifdef'ed references to NANO_SMALL have been removed from
do_justify(), as justification is disabled entirely when
NANO_SMALL is defined

* for now, go with Chris' idea to change the search toggles
for case sensitive and regexp searching to M-C and M-R in
nano.h

* add an entry to TODO for 1.4 for Pico's paragraph
searching ability (at the search prompt, ^W goes to the
current paragraph's beginning, and ^O goes to its end)

The patch is at:

http://pooka_regent.tripod.com/patches/nano/nanobits2-patch.txt

About the last item in the list of changes: as an experiment
(since nano's in a feature freeze, after all), I tried a few
days ago to get something like it working by adapting parts
of the code in do_justify(), since it already has the
ability to go to the beginning and end of the current
paragraph, but after having to put a lot of hacks in, and
still not having it move between paragraphs as do_justify()
would, I've reached the point where I don't know what else
to do with it.  My broken attempt is at:

http://pooka_regent.tripod.com/patches/nano/nanobrokenpara-patch.txt

if anyone wants to do anything with it.

Btw, I've stumbled across a a bug in 1.1.10-cvs' color
support; when the cursor is moved to a point greater than
the screen length, no color is drawn at all.  (Note, though,
that with David Benbennick's patch applied [leaving out the
broken part caused by my last patch's changes to
real_dir_from_tilde()], this problem doesn't occur.)

Promote your group and strengthen ties to your members with address@hidden by
Everyone.net  http://www.everyone.net/?btn=tag