nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] another minor patch update

From: David Benbennick
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] another minor patch update
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 17:28:08 -0400

On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 01:45:16PM -0700, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
> 1. Create a file containing two lines (actually, 3, counting
> the magicline at the end), long enough that the last
> character on each line is on the last column of the
> terminal.
>
> 2. Go to the first column of the first line of the file,
> turn marking on, and press the down arrow twice, so that the
> cursor is on the magicline.
>
> 4. Press the left arrow once, so that the cursor is on the
> last character of the second line; the second bug can be
> seen now.  The entire terminal row, past the end of the
> line, will be highlighted if using rxvt 2.6.4 or aterm
> 0.4.2 (but not xterm); a full refresh via Ctrl-L will fix
> it, though.

This bug doesn't happen for me on Eterm 0.8.10 or rxvt 2.7.8.  But I have
another one: from an rxvt, I ssh or telnet to another Linux box.  Then
scrolling down with smooth scrolling enabled, makes only the bottom line of
the window be updated.  I can't see that it's a bug in nano.  But smooth
scrolling in mutt works fine.