nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] more patch updates

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] more patch updates
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 14:02:02 -0700 (PDT)

--- David Lawrence Ramsey <address@hidden> wrote:

><snip>
>
>>I've also tried again with the experimental paragraph
>>searching code.  This time, when implementing it, I tied it
>>to the justification code (and based it on top of
>>nanobits3.patch, because it needs DB's justification fixes)
>>instead of duplicating the code; it's quite a bit cleaner
>>than the original broken implementation, although it does
>>have a few minor hacks needed for do_para_start() to work
>>properly.  It's worked properly so far, but of course I need
>>to test it more.  If anyone else is feeling adventurous
>>enough to test it, it's here:
>>
>>http://pooka_regent.tripod.com/patches/nano/nanopara-patch.txt
>
>Addendum: The test that determined whether recursion was
>done when searching for the beginning line of a paragraph
>was somewhat broken and looped unnecessarily in one case; I
>believe it's fixed now.

Also, the screen refresh routines are now consistent with
the rest of do_justify() (and properly tested for when
searching for the beginning of a paragraph, and one comment
in the skip_justify: block has been revised to more clearly
explain what's being done.

Promote your group and strengthen ties to your members with address@hidden by
Everyone.net  http://www.everyone.net/?btn=tag