nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Old patch, updated to new CVS.

From: David Benbennick
Subject: [Nano-devel] Old patch, updated to new CVS.
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 21:32:33 -0400

I have updated the patch at http://www.math.cornell.edu/~dbenbenn/nano/
for CVS.  Because it's so old, here's a new summary of what it does:

* Makes the binary about 2K smaller.

* Fixes various color and highlight bugs in winio.c:edit_add().

* Adds color.c:set_colorpairs().  Color pairs are now calculated only
once, after loading the RC file, instead of at every buffer switch or file
name change.

* Plugs some memory leaks in files.c.

* Uses malloc instead of calloc in utils.c:charalloc(), since it is
faster.

By the way, DLR, in March you were having problems with autogen.sh.  (In
http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/nano-devel/2002-March/000174.html.)  I had
the same problem, until I put /usr/local/bin before /usr/bin in my PATH.
Then everything worked.  Turns out I had two versions of aclocal, and was
using the older one.  Maybe a version requirement for aclocal should be
added to README.CVS.