nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] wrapping behavior since 1.0.9

From: David Benbennick
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] wrapping behavior since 1.0.9
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 20:37:30 -0400

On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 03:51:03PM -0700, Chris Allegretta wrote:
> The word free and all the spaces will be dragged down to the next line.
> 1.0.9 and previous I believe acted the way pico did.

I sent a patch on March 10 that changed do_wrap() a lot.  In the email, I
mentioned this new behavior:

On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 11:55:57AM -0500, David Benbennick wrote:
> 3) Typing <Space> in the middle of a long word would wrap the cursor to
> the beginning of the next line.  Then typing a <Space> again would create
> a new paragraph.

For example, with the line

Here is an example sentence, with a long word after
it.Wordddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

In Pico, if you go to the 'W' and type two spaces, you get

Here is an example sentence, with a long word after it.
 Wordddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Then the justify function will think you have two paragraphs.