nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] wrapping behavior since 1.0.9

From: David Benbennick
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] wrapping behavior since 1.0.9
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:13:52 -0400

On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 08:20:21PM -0700, Chris Allegretta wrote:
> I would have thought that Pico's behavior for this would be the desired
> behavior, why do you consider the old behavior a bug?

I use the Justify function pretty often.  It used to annoy me in Pico that
sometimes editing a paragraph would turn it into two.  It also annoyed me
that Pico left an extra blank space at the end of every line.

> My primary concerns are being Pico "combatable" in places one wouldn't
> expect it (editing simple lines of text) will earn us a flood of bug
> reports once 1.2 is stable, plus it annoys the hell out of me ;)

Okay.  I prefer the way it is now, but here's a patch to return Pico
compatibility on these two issues.  By the way, there are other borderline
do_wrap() cases where Pico and Nano are different.