nano-devel

[Nano-devel] regarding color syntax

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: [Nano-devel] regarding color syntax
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 15:52:11 -0700

Hello,

        I've been meaning to write this for some time.  I don't think we
can have a 1.2 release until we can do one more thing in the syntax
highlighting arena, and that is color the following string properly:

"This strings contains two \"quote characters\" in it".

Do we have any regex wizards in the house?  Currently the two words in
the escaped quotes are not colorized... I have tried using [^\]" as the
start and end strings, but then of course no part of the string gets
highlighted, argh.  I believe VIM has a "skip" argument, are we looking
at the same type of thing here?

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001