nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Er, another big patch ...

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Er, another big patch ...
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 10:05:39 -0700 (PDT)

David Benbennick:
>There's another big patch at
>http://www.math.cornell.edu/~dbenbenn/nano/, that I've been using since
>August or so.

<snip>

I've taken a quick look at it.  I've added your typo fix for README.CVS
(plus a few other typo fixes of my own) to nanodocs.patch.

According to the page there, the buffer-switching routine in multibuffer
mode has been reworked to make it O(1).  I have one question about
open_prevnext_file(): why did you make it a void function?  If
open_files doesn't exist (which should never happen), it will now return
nothing, and open_[prev|next]file_void() will call it and then return 0
as though nothing is wrong.  Leaving it an int function and letting it
return 1, and then letting open_[prev|next]file_void() return that
value, will make it more obvious that something has happened that
shouldn't.

>Er, the patch is 300K.  I can break it up into about 4 pieces if people
>want.

Would you, please?  Thanks.

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get address@hidden w/No Ads,
6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag