nano-devel

[Nano-devel] search history

From: Ken Tyler
Subject: [Nano-devel] search history
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 22:29:17 +1000

Hello,

The search history is under way, I have a version that works but it's
a bit rough and needs refining around the backupstring, last_search and
answer area, what goes on around there is a bit hard to follow. I'm
trying to get rid of backupstring at the moment...

A ^W brings up the last search on the status bar, cursor up and down
arrows step back and forward through the history. There is always an empty
search at the start of the search history so a cursor down arrow clears
the displayed string (if any), new search strings are put in the history
after this empty entry.

Replace history will be the same.

Is this approch OK, any suggestions or other ideas anyone ?

Ken.