nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] search history

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] search history
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 09:34:23 -0700 (PDT)

--- Ken Tyler <address@hidden> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>The search history is under way, I have a version that works but it's
>a bit rough and needs refining around the backupstring, last_search and
>answer area, what goes on around there is a bit hard to follow. I'm
>trying to get rid of backupstring at the moment...
>
>A ^W brings up the last search on the status bar, cursor up and down
>arrows step back and forward through the history. There is always an empty
>search at the start of the search history so a cursor down arrow clears
>the displayed string (if any), new search strings are put in the history
>after this empty entry.
>
>Replace history will be the same.
>
>Is this approch OK, any suggestions or other ideas anyone ?

When you say a ^W brings up the last search on the status
bar, do you mean a ^W at the search menu prompt?  If that's the case, Pico (and
nano with my nanopara.patch
applied) already uses that to search to the beginning of a
paragraph, along with ^O to search for the end of a
paragraph.

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get address@hidden w/No Ads,
6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag