nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] search history

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] search history
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 19:29:09 -0700 (PDT)

--- Chris Allegretta <address@hidden> wrote:

<snip>

>Honestly I'd rather see the current non-pico behavior go away; yes its
>consistent across functions but people are used to the way Pico does previous
>search strings.  I'd rather the new behavior become the default, drop the ^\
>shortcut from the menu and drop Pico compatibilty mode entirely (as we'd
>pretty much be pico compatible).

One question: what would go in the place of ^\ in the
shortcut menu then?

>Serious question (now that the list seems to be back up): Who actually likes
>the
>default previous search/replace string behavior?

I can work with either the default mode or pico emulation
mode, so I really don't care which one's made the default,
but the ability in the default behavior to put in a blank
string when the previous string was non-blank is
definitely useful.  Maybe adding a meta-shortcut to clear
the previous string could allow that and still retain pico
compatibility?

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get address@hidden w/No Ads,
6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag