nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] search history

From: Ken Tyler
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] search history
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 12:46:40 +1000

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Chris Allegretta wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 09:07:50AM +1000, Ken Tyler wrote:

> No, what I'm saying is I added a bit to the code so that it cycles back:

[deleted]

I don't like the sound of this.

I'd much rather have a definite oldest that you get 'stuck' at instead of
wrapping round. If you want to get to the most recent, a ^C ^W starts you
off again.

> This is what I was trying to describe, one uniform mode for search:

[deleted]

I'm not quite getting what you want the combined pico/nano mode todo (if
it's this hard to communicate either I'm thick or maybe it's illogical Mr
Spock).

^W              Search [Redwood] :
enter                                   now searching

^W              Search [Redwood] :
abc             Search [] : abc         a new search string being entered
enter                                   now searching

^W              Search [Redwood] :
up              Search [] : Redwood     string now ediatble
up              search [] : tree        this string editable too
1               search [] : tree1       edit it
(keys)          search [] : tre1on      further editing
up              search [] : saw         change of mind, get older string
(keys)          search [] : bigsaw      edit it
enter                                   now searching for bigsaw

Do these three examples describe the desired behaviour ?

Ken.