nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] nano crash

From: David Benbennick
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] nano crash
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 16:48:10 -0500

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 08:12:29PM +1100, Ken Tyler wrote:
> first operation, marking the the first line - a single '.', ^V'd down
> about 1200 lines then ^K to cut and crash.

Okay, I can duplicate it now too.  Attached is a small fix to cut.c.  The
problem was that cut_marked_segment() freed the last line of the cut,
which was edittop, and then do_cut_text() called set_modified() before
resetting edittop from current.  set_modified() ends up calling
reset_cursor(), which assumes edittop is correct.

The fix is simply to move the call to set_modified() down.