nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] 2 Bugs in nano 1.0.8 (Gentoo), and a feature request

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] 2 Bugs in nano 1.0.8 (Gentoo), and a feature request
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:59:01 +0100

Hi Daniel,

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 11:13:14PM +0200, Daniel Johnson wrote:
> Bug 1:
>
> Does not handle xterm resizing correctly - exhibits all kinds of strange
> behaviour, both when enlarging and shrinking the window.
>
> Bug 2:
>
> Character position command (Ctrl-C), does not work after resuming from
> suspend.
> After resuming from suspend, if Ctrl-C is pressed, there is no visible
> response whatsoever, and nano continues as if the keystroke had not been
> issued.

I can't reproduce these bugs in 1.1.12. Can you test that version and
confirm? We'd rather get 1.2.0 out some day and not concentrate on 1.0.x
bugs at this point.

> Feature Request:
>
> Hebrew language support.
>
> The main challenge with Hebrew is that it is written right to left. A
> library has been written to handle the requirements of Semitic (Hebrew,
> Arabic, Farsi) languages and other (left to right) languages in the same
> document (this concept known as bi-directional text). Basically as soon as
> you add bidi support it will work with all Semitic languages. The
> library's homepage is below.

Hmm. If the bidi community can help us in some way (like patches), I guess
it'll be done at some point. UTF-8 support in nano is a planned feature,
but nobody has started working on it... so imagine bidi support...

Jordi
--
Jordi Mallach PĂ©rez  --  Debian developer     http://www.debian.org/
address@hidden     address@hidden     http://www.sindominio.net/