nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Problem on 'make'

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Problem on 'make'
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 08:45:58 -0800

On Sun, Dec 22, 2002 at 02:52:37AM -0500, Mike (Steck) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First of all I found nano after looking for an alternative to pico. Pico was
> giving me install problems and it appears this is also. I have absolutely no
> idea why.
> I can ./configure fine, and it appears to complete without errors
>     However when I go on to the next step, 'make'
>     I get errors..

Hi Mike,

        I'm going to assume you have a redhat 8 or similar distro,
because that's the only place I've seen the cc1 error in your output.
If so, you need to install the ncurses-devel RPM.  configure should have
given you some sort of error about not having ncurses development libs
installed.  If this doesn't solve the problem, there may be an issue
with CFLAGS and/or your LDFLAGS.  Please let us know if this does the
trick.

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001