nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Crash solved? [Was: Re: Search crash]

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Crash solved? [Was: Re: Search crash]
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:49:04 -0800

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 04:22:46PM -0800, Chris Allegretta wrote:
> The problem is how to fix it.  I had originally come up with some clever
> use of ACS_UARROW and ACS_DARROW to make actual arrows appear in the
> shortcut key section (the part in reverse video).  Unfortunately it
> didn't seem to work in normal $TERMs like xterm and vt100.  It did work
> with the linux $TERM though.  I don't think a word is going to cut it,
> especially since it will have to be translated and most languages don't
> seem to have short words for "up" ;-)

I committed a workaround which changes keystr to length 9, and uses
strncpy with width 8 to fix the problem for now.  I don't like it, but I
can't think of a better way on very few characters to convey the concept
of "up arrow" in all languages, especially since we already use ^ all
over the place to mean control.  I welcome any and all ideas about this.

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001