nano-devel

[Nano-devel] GNU nano 1.1.99pre2

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: [Nano-devel] GNU nano 1.1.99pre2
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 07:19:03 -0800

Is released

2003.02.03 - GNU nano 1.1.99pre2 "bugs in my pockets, bugs in my
                shoes" is released.  There are, not suprisingly,
                only bugfixes in this release as we move toward the
                stable 1.2.0 release.  Fixes are included for
                translable string format, subexpression replacement,
                constant cursor position, invalid search regexes,
                justify, screen state on SIGHUP and SIGTERM, cutting
                to end cuts with long lines, many file browser and
                operating directory bugs, memory and file descriptor
                leaks, marker code, spell checker, the mouse code
                with long lines, multiple buffers and non-file
                open errors, replacement string length, and a
                silly but serious history message crash.  There is
                also a drastic improvement in CPU utliization for
                the color regex code.
                        Depending on the number of bugs found in this
                release, there may be a 1.1.99pre3 or RC1, or just
                a 1.2.0 release.  Most of the major bugs seem to have
                been worked out, so if you are waiting for a good time
                to test nano before the official 1.2.0 release, this
                would be the one to use.  Happy bug hunting!

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001