nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Don't split sentence in nano

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Don't split sentence in nano
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 11:30:31 +0100

On Sat, Jan 18, 2003 at 05:20:22PM +0100, Jordi Mallach wrote:
> This will show the warning about the behaviour change every single time
> users start nano (if they choose to start it with -p), which can end up
> being extremely annoying and repetitive in May of 2004.
>
> When Mutt changes major behaviour, they simply note it in the major
> release announcement, and perhaps a special document like "UPGRADE",
> where they say what options changed meaning or where added/removed from
> 1.0 -> 1.2, from 1.2 -> 1.4, etc.
>
> What do others think? I can quickly scribble an UPGRADE file for us.
>
> Patch attached, anyway.

Hmm, so it appears nobody was against removing this message completely.

How should we do it, just go the UPGRADE file way? If yes, I'll write it
today, and remove the message, but I need confirmation :)

Jordi
--
Jordi Mallach PĂ©rez  --  Debian developer     http://www.debian.org/
address@hidden     address@hidden     http://www.sindominio.net/