nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Don't split sentence in nano

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Don't split sentence in nano
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 04:22:08 -0800

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 11:30:31AM +0100, Jordi Mallach wrote:
> > What do others think? I can quickly scribble an UPGRADE file for us.
> >
> > Patch attached, anyway.
>
> Hmm, so it appears nobody was against removing this message completely.
>
> How should we do it, just go the UPGRADE file way? If yes, I'll write it
> today, and remove the message, but I need confirmation :)

That's fine.  I hadn't realized one small issue about -p:  If a user
invokes -p in 1.2, they're getting the exact behavior they would expect
from 1.0: Pico compatibility (because it's the default) and preserving
flow control sequences.  So an annoying message every invocation is
probably not needed.  Please do create the upgrade file however.  Thanks
Jordi.

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001