nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Re: a question to nano

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: [Nano-devel] Re: a question to nano
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:12:33 -0800

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 04:59:02PM +0100, Joerg Hinz wrote:
> Hello Chris,
>
> how can I enable auto wrap by default?
>
> Even if I start nano with "-r n" it does not wrap long lines when typing
> them, so I have to enable wrap mode with M-w.

Hi Joerg,

        If the version of nano you are using has been configured with
--disable-wrapping (run "nano -V" to check) then wrapping routines were
not compiled in and you can not turn wrapping on without recompiling
nano.  Otheriwse, if /etc/nanorc has wrapping turned off, you can turn
wrapping back on by putting the following in your .nanorc (and assuming
nanorc support has been compiled in):

unset nowrap

I hope this helps.

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001