nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] syntax coloring segfault

From: David Benbennick
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] syntax coloring segfault
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 14:43:59 -0500

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 06:56:27PM +0100, Wouter Van Hemel wrote:
> I get a segfault with nano 1.2.0 syntax coloring on Linux. My nanorc
> is the one included as a sample with the source tarball (uncommented
> syntax coloring). The file being edited is nano.c (in the 1.2.0 tarball).
>
>   # ./nano nano.c
>   [ builds screen ]
>   Segmentation fault

Thanks for your bug report.  The regexec() function on your system
crashed when Nano tested the empty string "" on line 21 of nano.c.  The
"right way" to fix this problem is to fix regexec().  If you can't do
that, here's a patch that makes Nano not call regexec() on empty
strings.  Apply the patch, then add the line

#define BROKEN_REGEXEC

to your config.h file.  Let us know whether it works.