nano-devel

[Nano-devel] cumulative patch for 1.2.0

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: [Nano-devel] cumulative patch for 1.2.0
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 21:35:26 -0800 (PST)

I've put together some of the bugfixes for nano 1.2.0 posted on the
mailing list and elsewhere lately into one patch.  I've been testing
most of these for the past few days, and everything seems to be holding
so far.  The warnings about color support are still there for the time
being, since the regex parser is still somewhat buggy according to info
on DB's website.  (There are a few cosmetic changes, but they're minor.)

http://pooka_regent.tripod.com/patches/nano/nano120bugs-patch.txt

Changes:

- Fix for the problem with broken regexec(). (DB)

- Autodetection of broken regexec() in configure. (me) Since I don't
have a broken regexec(), I've tested the possibility of failure by
modifying the test program to always segfault.  It still needs to be
tested by someone who actually has a broken regexec(), though.

- Fix for the problems with .nano_history. (DB)

- Fix for a typo in TODO. (DB)

- Fix for the problems with calculating totsize.  Note that it isn't the
same as the one I posted before; it's adapted from the much simpler
version in DB's patch. (me/DB)

- Updated RPM links for faq.html. (me)

- Simplify two #ifdefs. (me, DB)

- Reformat some recent changelog entries to fit in the
72-characters-per-line limit. (me)

- Remove a few unneeded blank lines/spaces. (me)

- Fix an inaccurate comment in files.c. (me)

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get address@hidden w/No Ads,
6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag