nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Updates

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Updates
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 07:05:49 -0700 (PDT)

--- Chris Allegretta <address@hidden> wrote:

<snip>

>       Anyway, if we don't get any more bug reports soon I'm going to
>assume either (1) people aren't using the editor anymore, or (2) it's
>bug free and we should press forward adding more bug...err features and
>open the 1.3 tree.
>
>Chris A

There are a few minor bugs I've found.  Sorry for the silence recently
but I had an unexpected surgery a few weeks ago (during recovery from
which I wasn't able to send email) and I haven't been able to get back
to my own machine yet, although I should be able to soon.

First, there's the working test program to detect a broken regexec(),
which needs to get into configure.ac and which is in the mailing list
archives at
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/nano-devel/2003-04/msg00036.html (btw,
the comment about it in configure.ac should probably also be changed to
clarify that regexec segfaults when passed a blank string _under cretain
circumstances_).  Second, for some reason, the Home and End keys no
longer appear to work when ALT_KEYPAD is set.  Third, one of the default
values in nanorc.sample should be changed so it'll work when
uncommented: "aspell [filename]" doesn't spellcheck [filename] (at least
not aspell 0.50.3), but "aspell -c [filename]" does, so the line should
be "set speller aspell -c".  Fourth, there's a minor problem with search
string history.  After creating/editing a string and then pressing the
up or down arrow instead of Enter, scroll all the way up, scroll all the
way down, and then scroll upwards; the string will be gone.  I've
attempted to fix it (before the surgery, anyway), and I can't seem to do
so properly; i.e, I keep getting inconsistent results when I scroll up
and down to see if the string is still there.

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get address@hidden w/No Ads,
6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag