nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Updates

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Updates
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 14:49:26 -0700 (PDT)

The Home and End keys' not working at the statusbar prompt in ALT-KEYPAD
mode was a false alarm, since it works on at least one other machine.
It's apparently a terminfo problem on mine.  After the patch below, the
only bugs left are the search history problem and one minor kink I
discovered when compiling with -Wall -pedantic and gcc 3.2.3.  The
latter produces the following warnings in nano.c:

gcc -DSYSCONFDIR=\"/usr/local/etc\" -I. -I. -I. -Iintl
-DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/local/share/locale\" -I/usr/local/include    -g3 -Wall
-pedantic -c `test -f 'nano.c' || echo './'`nano.c
nano.c: In function `help_init':
nano.c:308: warning: string length `616' is greater than the length `509' ISO
C89 compilers are required to support
nano.c:375: warning: string length `913' is greater than the length `509' ISO
C89 compilers are required to support

Any suggestions as to how to deal with this?

The patch is as follows:

http://pooka_regent.tripod.com/patches/nano/nanoregexec2-patch.txt

Changes:

* fixed typo in Changelog

* added the working test for the broken regexec() to configure.ac, and
clarify the description associated with it

* changed "set speller aspell" to "set speller aspell -c" in
nanorc.sample

* converted the last uncast nrealloc()s (and one properly cast
nrealloc()) of chars to charealloc()s, and made sure all nmalloc()s'
return values were explicitly cast (parts of this are based on work in
DB's patch)

* added a tweak from DB's patch to avoid a potential problem in align()
if strp is non-NULL but *strp is NULL

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get address@hidden w/No Ads,
6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag