nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] more on Home/End not working atstatusbarw/ALT_KEYPAD

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] more on Home/End not working atstatusbarw/ALT_KEYPAD on xterm
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 10:58:38 -0700 (PDT)

--- Chris Allegretta <address@hidden> wrote:

<snip>

>I think this is definitely the way to go.  Perhaps
>--enable-altkeyroutines (another possible name) that when used at
>configure time would automatically enable what -K toggles and remove -K
>as an option (as it would be on all the time).

I'm a bit confused here.  If keypad() is used all the time, it's the
equivalent of -K's being off all the time.  I was thinking that if we're
using keypad() all the time (so we don't have to worry about conflicting
escape sequences or, indeed, any escape sequences), and the only problem
with it is the Delete/Backspace problem, then the only workaround needed
is for that one possibility, and --enable-whatsitsname would enable that
workaround.

>For the issue at hand though, why don't we just handle Alt-[-F and H on
>the statusbar?  Unless we're missing other stuff, well I guess -K is a
>hack and will always be missing stuff.... :-)

The patch that didn't work on Jordi's box did that.  I've tried again,
though, and it seems to work at least when compiled on my account on his
server (and of course on my box):

http://pooka_regent.tripod.com/patches/nano/nanohomeend3-patch.txt

It handles those keys and also makes do_help() only set keypad() on edit
instead of on both edit and bottomwin, which appears to work as well,
seeing as the input to it is read only by the edit window.