nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] more on Home/End not working atstatusbarw/ALT_KEYPAD on

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] more on Home/End not working atstatusbarw/ALT_KEYPAD on xterm
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 10:16:12 -0700 (PDT)

--- Chris Allegretta <address@hidden> wrote:

<snip>

>I was under the impression there were other cases where -K had solved
>the issue besides the FreeBSD backspace issue.

I'm not sure; without a FreeBSD/other possibly problematic terminal
user's speaking up, there's no way to know what the issue(s) are.  Maybe
we should put something on the home page or documentation saying that we
need people using FreeBSD or other non-Linux terminals on the -devel
list so they can test nano and verify that all the keys work properly
under those terminals?

I'd still like to eventually avoid interpreting escape sequences in the
input routines (if it's possible to do that with a minimum number of
workarounds), if only for purposes of code simplicity.