nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Color Syntax Hightlighting

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Color Syntax Hightlighting
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 16:57:37 -0400

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 08:54:40AM -0400, J. Todd Slack wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working with Nano 1.2.1 and I am trying to get color syntax
> highlighting and it just doesn't seem to work. I have .c, h and .cpp
> files.
>
> Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Hi Jason,

        Couple things you can check.  Does your version of nano include
color support? (i.e. does "nano --version" print out that is was
configured with --enable-color?)  Also, you must have a .nanorc in your
home directory which includes the apropriate color lines.  A
nanorc.sample is included with most distributions of nano, though the
color syntax examples are commented out by default.  Hope this helps.

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001