nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] French translation of the nano manpages

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] French translation of the nano manpages
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 13:51:40 +0200

Hi Jean-Philippe,

Thanks for the bug report :)

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 12:32:16PM +0200, Jean-Philippe Guérard wrote:
> > Thanks! I think that to aid you in the tracking of the original version
> > you can use the $Id: $ tag in the original manpages.
> Hum. Good point. In fact, I removed it on purpose, but I am unsure this
> was the best thing to do.

Ah, you can remove it in the French version if you want. I was only
suggesting that you track changes to the manpage using the Id tag in the
*original* manpage. No need to have the tag in the French one.

> 3) The revision should be given by the man page publication date
>    (hopefully).

I'm afraid we don't always remember to update it.

> I am also having a look at po4a, which might provide a way to better
> handle this issue (it would solve point 2):
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/po4a

Ah, if it works out ok, tell me. I'd be inclined to write Catalan
manpages if I can do it with Emacs po-mode :)

Jordi
address@hidden     address@hidden     http://www.sindominio.net/
GnuPG public key information available at http://oskuro.net/~jordi/