nano-devel

[Nano-devel] documentation updates patch committed, etc.

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: [Nano-devel] documentation updates patch committed, etc.
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 12:10:18 -0700 (PDT)

I just committed the documentation updates patch.  Note that it does
update the manual pages, mainly to remove references to -K/--keypad, add
references to -d/--rebinddelete, and change all occurrences of
$SYSCONFDIR to SYSCONFDIR.

I'd next like to focus on the patches that make it a bit easier to move
around in nano, namely my paragraph searching patch and my slightly
modified version of DB's movement-overhauling/smooth paging patch.

http://pooka_regent.tripod.com/patches/nano/nanopara-patch.txt
http://pooka_regent.tripod.com/patches/nano/nanodbmove2-patch.txt

The first of these has (mostly) been in working condition since just
after the 1.2 feature freeze in August '02, and I've been applying it to
and testing it in my own local builds for most of that time, so it seems
pretty stable to me.  I've been testing the second for most of the past
week and off and on before that, and it seems to be pretty stable as
well, although it needs a bit more testing before I can be sure of that.

Notes:

The former patch, since it adds two shortcuts to the onscreen "Where Is"
shortcut list, has reduced the maximum width for all the shortcuts to 10
characters.

The latter patch also references to editbot and fix_editbot(); some
functions still use those, but in the long term I'd like to phase them
out as DB's already done in the rest of his patch.  (I think there might
be a few minor display glitches caused by this in the meantime, which is
why I need to test it some more.  Phasing it out all at once is a rather
large job, which is why I'm not doing that here.)