nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] status of patches

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] status of patches
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 21:34:49 -0700 (PDT)

Jordi Mallach:
>On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 01:55:29PM -0700, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
>> I'm planning to focus on Brand Huntsman's color updates patch next;
>> I've been applying it to my most recent local builds for testing
>> purposes.
>>
>> There are a few other patches I've been working on lately, as well.
>
>[Impressive list omitted]
>
>I think it'd be good if you could more or less stabilize CVS for 1.3.0
>so people can easily start playing with the stuff. If you don't release
>sometime soon, we'll go from 1.2.2 to 1.3.99pre1 directly, hehe.

Sounds good to me.  There are certainly enough changes by now* to
warrant a release soon.  In any case, I wasn't planning on getting all
the patches in the above list in before 1.3.0; I meant it as more of a
roadmap for what I want to get done eventually.

So, lest I become a victim of Just One More Patch Syndrome, would people
start testing current CVS and let me know if it has any crippling bugs
in preparation for a 1.3.0 release?  Thanks.  After 1.3.0 is out, I'll
get back to patching as usual.

* After some more testing, I just committed nanodbdisplay.patch, plus a
few minor fixes including the keyboard input fixes from
nanomouseinput.patch.