nano-devel

[Nano-devel] status update

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: [Nano-devel] status update
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 20:03:34 -0700 (PDT)

Since I haven't gotten any comments on nanohupterm.patch, and since it's
worked perfectly afaict when using DB's ssh method, when I log out of an
xterm on my box with nano suspended, and when nano is suspended while
using it as the editor in mutt, I've gone ahead and committed it, since
it deals with a long-standing bug.  I've also committed a few
miscellaneous bits of code that are mainly cleanups and minor tweaks
that shouldn't affect nano's stability (and which don't appear to, in
the testing I've done so far).

Furthermore, I've discovered a few bugs in the new code in edit_add()
that make the mark highlight display improperly in several cases.  I've
been trying to fix them for the past two days without any success.  They
can be reproduced as follows, using the attached file and assuming that
(a) you start with marking turned off, (b) the tab size is 8 spaces, and
(c) the width of the terminal is 80 characters:

1. Move the cursor to one of the "x"'s before the tab, turn marking on,
and move the cursor far enough to the right to cover the tab plus a few
characters beyond it.  The end of the highlight will be short by the
number of characters before the tab.

2. Move the cursor to one of the "x"'s after the tab, turn marking on,
and move the cursor far enough to the left to cover the tab plus a few
characters before it.  As the cursor moves farther to the left, the end
of the highlight will move backwards with the beginning of the
highlight.  Furthermore, when the cursor is moved far enough to the
left, the mark will expand a bit before its end moves backwards with its
beginning.

3. Move the cursor to anywhere on the second page after the overlap
point (anywhere starting where the z's begin), turn marking on, and move
the cursor a few spaces to either the left or the right.  The beginning
of the highlight will be one character farther to the right than it
should be.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxyyyyyyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbb