nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Fixed regexec() memory leak

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Fixed regexec() memory leak
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 11:51:20 -0800 (PST)

Mike Frysinger:
>On Thursday 13 November 2003 02:46, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
>> In 1.2.x, were you using the --keypad option or not?
>
>nope, i just use `nano -c -z -N`

Okay then.  That at least eliminates one possibility.

>> On mine, 1.2.2 always prints out stuff when I press Ctrl-[arrow key].
>> Out of curiosity, does using the --keypad option in nano 1.2.2 change
>> anything on your box?  It doesn't on mine, but as the Delete problem
>> demonstrated, I apparently don't quite have the same terminal type.
>
>no, no difference ... holding down ctrl and pressing arrow keys results
>in arrow key movement and thats it :)

I've looked into it some more, and on my box, nano 1.2.x and 1.3.x
always print out stuff when I run them in xterms and use Ctrl-[arrow
key] (regardless of whether I use --keypad with 1.2.2 or not).  At the
console, however, Ctrl-[arrow key] acts like [arrow key] in both
versions.  What terminal are you running nano in in these cases?