nano-devel

[Nano-devel] updates

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: [Nano-devel] updates
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 14:25:32 -0800 (PST)

I've recently made the following changes to the code:

* added a minor fix to the code that prompts when you try to save a file
under a different name; it no longer prompts if you're saving only a
selection of the file

* added the check for glib 2.x for systems lacking v?snprintf()

* added the new regex replacement fix, since nobody's commented on it,
the current code is unsuitable, and this code seems to be holding in
ways the old code didn't; if there are any problems with it, let me
know

* committed nanomouseinput.patch, as I've been using it for awhile and
it hasn't been changing much lately; the verbatim input mode it adds to
the edit window can also be used as a diagnostic of sorts in case there
are any more cases of terminals' generating escape sequences

I was planning to commit the color patch next, but seeing as it's still
under major development as shown by its associated TODO page, and seeing
as I've been busier than I thought lately and I don't want to hold up
development too long, I'm changing plans.  I'll keep testing the color
patch, however, and I can still apply it on top of all my other patches
in my local builds with a minimum of displacement/breakage.

I've traced the crashes Tom Weber found to fix_editbot(), so I'll try to
remove more references to editbot before 1.3.1 to see how that affects
them.  nanodbcut.patch removes all the references to editbot in the
cutting code.  After more testing, I've also found out that earlier
versions of it didn't save selections properly; to deal with this
problem, I've ported over the relevant changes to write_file(),
including the split-off function copy_file(), from DB's patch.  They
also fix a few cases of unhandled error conditions and file descriptor
leaks.  The new changes seem all right, but they need a bit more testing
before they go in; I've applied it to my local builds as part of that.