nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] GNU nano 1.3.1

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] GNU nano 1.3.1
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 18:35:39 -0800 (PST)

On Friday 09 January 2004 23:22, Chris Allegretta wrote:
>> 2004.01.09 - GNU nano 1.3.1 is outside the gates.
>
>this fixed all the input issues i reported and Gentoo users reported to
>me.
>thanks :)

No problem.  It's good to know that the input routines are now working
better.

>on a side note, i noticed cutting/pasting has changed behavior ...
>if i cut a line, then move my cursor to the middle of a line and uncut,
>it'll uncut the buffer right there instead of as a new line ...

It's a feature; see below.

<snip>

>if i cut line 2 and then move the cursor to highlight the '1' and
>un-cut, i used to get this:
>line 2
>line 1
>
>now i get this:
>liline 2
>ne 1

I'm a bit confused here.  You should only get the above output when the
cursor is on the 'n'.  If the cursor is on the '1', you should get:

line line 2
1

>is this change on purpose ? :) i dont mind it, i'll have to get used to
>it ... i'd just like to make sure it's a bug before i do ;)

Yes, it's on purpose.  Pico does it (or at least the newer versions of
it that I've tried do it).