nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Outstanding 1.2.4 items?

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Outstanding 1.2.4 items?
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 20:34:12 -0400

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 06:58:49AM +0200, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:

> You might want the bit of code in CVS that appears to fix resizing:
> curses no longer requires wresize() and resizeterm() (since the latter
> is ncurses-specific anyway; however, this needs to be verified to work
> under non-ncurses curses) and slang no longer corrupts the screen after
> being resized:
>
> There are also the fixes for potential memory corruption in statusq()
> caused when its return value is assigned to answer (since statusq()
> changes the value of answer).  They're Christian Weisgerber's fixes in
> the OpenBSD port of 1.2.3, ported to 1.2.3-cvs.  (1.3.2 has the same
> fixes, but with additions by bort, DB and myself that depend to some
> extent on the changes in 1.3.x.)  The patch is here:

All applied, including the Tandem patch.  Thank you for keeping them up
to date David.  I put up pre2 based on these patches at

http://www.nano-editor.org/dist/test/nano-1.2.4-pre2.tar.gz

I'll release on Monday if there aren't any big issues found before then.

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

v1sw7CUPhw5ln6pr5ck4ma7u7LSIw0m5g/l7DRa27s5MRr3e6t5NLMb6TDp3en7g6M hackerkey.com