nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Copy Text feature?

From: Keith Winston
Subject: [Nano-devel] Copy Text feature?
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 20:20:17 -0400

Hey everyone,

One thing I think might be a useful addition is a Copy Text feature to
copy a line into the cut buffer without deleting it.  I often want to
copy a line and change the new one without deleting the current line.

AFAIK, you have to Cut a line, then UnCut it twice to accomplish this.
If there is another way to do this with the keyboard, please let me
know.

I know I can copy/paste using the mouse and X, but I was looking for a
way to do it with just the keyboard.

It could be done by duplicating the do_cut_text function in cut.h, just
leaving out the code that removes the text.  It seems like M-K would be
the right key for this, but that is already taken by the "Cut to end
enable/disable".

I would be interested in opinions on a Copy Text feature.

Best Regards,
Keith