nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Release plans?

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Release plans?
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 00:41:49 +0200

--- Jordi Mallach <address@hidden> wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>As Debian's base has frozen, I'm free to start doing uploads of nano
>unstable to experimental and then sid so people crunch on it and break
>it for us. As there's a lot of patches on top of 1.3.3 already, I'd
>rather start with 1.3.4, if it's going to release sometime soonish. If
>not, I'm ok with doing 1.3.3+CVS patches+mailing list patches, if any
>remains unapplied. Doing a real 1.3.4 upload would be a lot cleaner,
>though :)

I think CVS is in a relatively stable state at the moment, so 1.3.4
should be on the immediate horizon.  I've fixed the following
last-minute bugs lately:

* a few #ifdef-related problems dealing with --disable-wrapping and
--disable-justify

* nano should now automatically install an "rnano" symlink since we have
a restricted mode (I think I've gotten the spec file to handle this
properly as well; the binaries directory should only contain "nano" and
"rnano", as far as I can tell, so using a wildcard should get them both;
in any case, the spec file for GNU ed, with its "red" symlink, in Fedora
core 2 uses the same technique)

* opening multiple files on the command line should properly display
"Close" in the shortcut list and should also draw the titlebar before

Etc.  I'm going to be completely away from email for the next few days,
so I won't be able to do much in the way of code changes then, but if
anyone wants to do some testing then to make sure that there aren't any
more showstopping bugs that I don't already know about, that would be
ideal.  When I get back, assuming there aren't any showstopping bugs in
the meantime, I can do the release.