nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Problems compiling from CVS

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Problems compiling from CVS
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:06:46 -0400

--- Jordi Mallach <address@hidden> wrote:
>David, maybe we should switch to just rely on glib2 now. glib1.2 is
>quite old and current systems are expected to have glib2 more often
>than glib1.2. This would allow people without glib1.2 installed to get
>nano bootstrapped.
>
>Or maybe dump the glib-2.0.m4 file in our m4 dir...

Actually, both sound good.  glib 2.x has a better v?snprintf()
implementation anyway, and it'd be nice to be able to build nano from
CVS without having glib2-devel installed on systems that don't need it.
I've just committed a patch for the former, but which version of the
glib-2.0.m4 file do you think should be in the m4 directory?