nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Nanorc - Partial match syntax higlighting?

From: Robert Schultz
Subject: [Nano-devel] Nanorc - Partial match syntax higlighting?
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 01:55:05 -0400

I'm doing some more complicated syntax highlighting for a custom file format of mine. One single line, if the entire line matches a regexp has to have several different colors for different parts.

Is there any way to have a regexp include grouped expressions (match) and then apply a different color per match?

Example:

bluehere -- redhere -- yellowhere

That would yield three matches \1, \2, \3  ($1, $2, $3)
I'd like to set the first to blue, the second to red, the third to yellow.

But right now in nanorc, what the whole line matches too, is set to that color.

Is there any way to simply say 'only this part of the regexp' should be colored?