nano-devel

[Nano-devel] status of nano 1.3.5pre1

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: [Nano-devel] status of nano 1.3.5pre1
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 18:46:18 +0100

(I'm sending this to the list again.  I'm not sure if it went through
the first time, or, if not, whether the problem is on my end or
Savannah's.)

>From the feedback I've gotten, nano 1.3.5pre1 appears to be doing well
in the stability department.  However, there are a few minor fixes in
CVS:

* nano now builds from CVS with automake 1.7.x again; it didn't before
because when I added glib-2.0.m4, I forgot to add an entry for it to
EXTRA_DIST in m4/Makefile.am

* shortcut_init() now takes a bool instead of an int, as it should have
done for a while now

* a few minor cosmetic tweaks that have no effect on actual code

* fixes for two behavioral problems with cutting marked segments that I
stumbled across three days ago

The last of those two cutting fixes was tricky, and it appears to be
holding so far, although I'm not entirely sure that I got it right.  In
light of this, I'm debating whether there should be a 1.3.5pre2 in order
to make sure it gets tested sufficiently (unless anyone wants to just
test it with current CVS).  All I need to know is whether nano works
properly in all cases after doing marked cuts immediately followed by
cut-to-ends, and also after uncutting text from those.  Sorry for the
bad timing on this.