nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Nano cut/paste bug

From: Ken Tyler
Subject: [Nano-devel] Nano cut/paste bug
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 20:33:57 +1000 (EST)

Hi all,

I've not been keeping up to date with Nano versions and revisions, currently running a version (from Gentoo) that reports "GNU nano version 1.3.4."

bug:

Starting with an empty file create a couple of lines

        abc<cr>
        def
        .   <-- cursor here

^W^Y to start, mark it ^^, ^W^V to end, ^K to cut both lines results in an empty file with cursor on top (only) line.

Now ^K uncut followed by ^W^V gives

        abc
        def

        .<-- cursor here

Again ^K uncut followed by ^W^V gives

        abc
        def

        abc
        def

        .<-- cursor here

I would have expected

        abc
        def
        abc
        def

I don't recall this being the behaviour of the last version of Nano I used (unless it's one of the Pico compatibility bugs ;). Is this the way it's supposed to work?

Ken.